You’ve Got Questions. We can help.
Senior Living is a very personal choice that involves making different decisions about the right level of care for you or your loved one. With many options to choose from–like Independent Living to higher levels of care like assisted living–how do you know what’s best for your situation?
It’s normal to feel overwhelmed at the decisions you have to make, but you don’t have to begin this journey alone.
At Vantage Pointe Village, we will walk alongside you as you sort through decisions like:
- What level of care do I need?
- How do I pay for senior living?
- What are some of the things I should consider when making my decision?
We’ve put together some resources to help guide you as you begin the journey of choosing a new senior living community. And when you’re ready, we’re here to help!
What Level of Care Do I Need?
Today, senior living means more than just a nursing home. With features and amenities like apartment-style living, executive chef-prepared dining programs, and activities programming to fit different needs and desires, senior living communities have become desirable homes for older adults.
But how do you know which one is right for you? It’s helpful to explore the different kinds of care available as you begin your search.
How do I Pay for Senior Living?
As you prepare to search for senior living communities, you may be wondering, “How do I pay for senior living?” Although the answer can vary based on levels of care and other desired features, there are many ways you can afford senior living. In fact, you may discover that it’s more affordable than you think! Many people find it helpful to download our Cost of Living worksheet to compare current living expenses to items included in your monthly rent at Vantage Pointe Village.
10 Questions to Ask When Searching for a Senior Living Community
You will want to take a tour of different senior living communities, but do you know what questions to ask during your visit? Be sure to visit with staff members as well as current residents and family members.
Here are ten questions that will help you get the most out of your tour:
- What levels of care do you offer, and how do you determine which level is appropriate for each resident?
- What types of accommodations are available, and what are the associated costs?
- What is the staff-to-resident ratio, and what are the qualifications of the caregivers?
- What is the daily routine like for residents, and what types of activities are offered?
- Are residents allowed to bring their own furniture and belongings, and what are the guidelines for decorating their rooms?
- What types of meals are served, and are there options for residents with specific dietary needs?
- How is medication management handled, and what are the protocols for administering medications?
- How are medical emergencies handled, and what is the protocol for contacting family members in the event of an emergency?
- What types of amenities are available, such as fitness centers, beauty salons, or transportation services?
- What is the process for transitioning from one level of care to another, such as from assisted living to memory care?
When you’re ready to speak with someone about Vantage Pointe Village–we’re all ears!